1. Alexander Henry, June Song, natural/brite
2. Alexander Henry, 2D Zoo, pool (one of my favourite staple ‘boy’ fabrics)
3. Follow Your Imagination, Big Starburst, aqua/green (I’ve had my eye on this for a while…..waited until I had an order to place anyway)
4. Amy Butler Lotus, Wallflower – sky (I’ve wanted some of this for a while too)
I have found Cia’s Palette the easiest of the US sites to use – postage is very reasonable and it doesn’t take too long to come (I’m such an impatient person!).
1. and 2. Tip Top Elephants, yellow and orange
3. and 4. Spring Street Linea Flower, green and turquoise
5. Urban Circus Elephants, blue (another one that should be a good staple)
6. Trefle Scandinavian Blooms, red
1. Amy Butler Lotus, Wallflower, cherry (I intended to order this from Cia’s Palette but somehow missed it off, luckily I found it in the UK)
Lots of solid colours from their very good value Klona range (quick delivery too and their fabric colour swatch is really useful)….these will be used for the current comissions and lots of other future projects. Just realised that I forgot to take a picture of them on their own…..but they are shown below too.
Very eclectic and colourful – has taken quite a lot of too-ing and fro-ing to find a selection of fabrics that the customer is happy with – she really likes bright and cheery, and isn’t at all bothered by gender conventions for colour (which I think is pretty cool). The quilt is destined for her little boy. Mostly these are the new fabrics shown above, and ordered for this project, but there’s a few from my stash too. Have just started piecing the front and I’m having a lot of fun with it.
A completely different, much tighter, mix of colours which I think will be really pretty without being too twee and babyish. Destined for a little girl. Fabrics mostly from my stash with a couple of new ones from the above orders. Will finish #1 before I get going on this one.